Wednesday, October 12, 2011

June, My Final Month at The Flint Journal

June was my last month in Flint and in many ways my assignments of them month had a theme of endings. Schools closing it's doors, graduations, and end of the high school sports season. It was bitter sweet. I was happy to move on to new adventures, but I was going to miss the city, the friends I have made that I will never forget, and the challenging assignments that made me who I am as photojournalist today. I am honored to have been chosen to be an intern at The Flint Journal and working with the wonderful staff. I hope that one day I get to work with one of them again.

Photos from Juneteenth, arson, graduation, food give away, closing of a school, MS research, Powers Catholic girls soccer winning the state championship in soccer, and disappearing metal from an abandoned school.









No comments:

Post a Comment