Friday, February 10, 2012

November 2011, Ann Arbor Month 3, The Unfortunate Ending to a Great Internship

November was my last full month at AnnArbor.com due to medical reason. I had gallstones and needed to have my gallbladder removed. I thoroughly enjoyed my internship at AnnArbor.com. The staff was great! Writers were nice and fun to hang out with. My photo bosses Melanie and Angie were the best. It is what I imagine the future of photojournalism to be like. A hybrid of stills and multimedia. Completing a multimedia project a month, which is awesome. I had two memorable moments in the month of November. One was working way to long on the ROTC multimedia piece. I always feel accomplished when I put in hard long hours especially when I start the day off with a gallstone attack. Second is when I got to shoot the U of M vs OSU football game. It was an awesome vibe to shoot in, especially when everyone rushed the field.

The following photos are from U of M vs WMU hockey game, the one and only spot news I got in Ann Arbor which was a house fire, ROTC running a 236 relay, U of M basketball, Camp Take Notice which is a camp for homeless people run by homeless people, Boy Scouts volunteering after Thanksgiving, EMU vs MSU basketball, and the infamous U of M vs OSU football game. Attached is also a soundslides following the U of M ROTC on Veterans Day.














2 comments:

  1. Nice shots man. I like the sport reactions. Wish my job would actually let me stay to the end of games sometimes. Stupid deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS!

    Yeah, but it is the new shift now in the MI papers. Online first, lets you shoot all the fun stuff after the action.

    ReplyDelete